Share this page
5 steps for choosing best YouTube tags
- 1. Run YouTube tags generator to get a rough list of keywords ideas.
- 2. Go through the list and remove irrelevant tags.
- 3. Look up the tags used by competing videos for more ideas.
- 4. Add your target keyword from the title as the first tag.
- 5. Add your brand keywords, including common variations and alternative spelling.
Why use YouTube tags generator?
Tags are descriptive keywords that help viewers find your videos on YouTube. According to YouTube, the tags (along with video’s title, thumbnail, and description) are the important piece of metadata you need to provide, in order to boost your video’s rank in YouTube search results.
In other words, tags help YouTube to better understand your video’s topic, associate it with similar content, and include it into relevant searches, which helps you to reach new viewers and grow your subscriber base. This is essential for monetized channels when your revenue directly depends on growing the views and subscribers.
Here are some suggestions how you can use the tags to maximize the ranking effect:
1. Use our free YouTube tags generator tool to start and to give you basic ideas. Our tags generator will format the tags to fit YouTube’s requirements, you can simply copy and paste the tags to your YouTube video. Optionally, take a minute to optimize the tags for even better results.
2. Include your brand specific tags, so your new video will come up as “suggested” when someone is watching your old videos.
3. Set your target keyword as your first tag.
4. Use free YouTube tags inspector tool to see the tags used by the most popular videos in your niche.
5. Don’t add irrelevant tags just to fill the 500 characters allowance.
We hope this free YouTube tags generator will help you find the best tags for your videos!
Related: YouTube Video Title Generator
Learn how to optimize YouTube video tags in our ultimate YouTube tags guide.
Want us to add more features to our free YouTube tags maker tool? Just post your ideas in the comments below.
January 2021: Improved the algorithm for short video titles.
May 2020: You can now easily remove non-relevant tags before copying the results to YouTube.
April 2020: Initial version released.